Saturday, February 16, 2008

A week of planing for the future

So I have not updated in about a week. I must also confess that I have also only exercised
twice in the last week, and have done very little fundraising. I was too busy trying to write 2 pages single space about me. I applied to the Austrian Fulbright English teaching assistant program. I quickly got very sick of writing about me, and it also reaffirm my hatred of writing. Why can't I just experience the experiences? Over the six days working on this application I worked up a great antiwriting rant. I will not go into it here, but probably over the next couple of months I will probably rant more then once about how much I hate to write.

Other exciting news in that happened in the last week was I had five new donation: Glen D., John H., Jane K., Rita K.-V., and Grandpa Al and Earline. I am now 42.875% of the way to $4,000. Thank you very much. Because people donated before I had this blog I have decided each time I update my blog to thank a couple of people/businesses who donated preblog. First thanks to Supplies Unlimited donated my brochures to me. As I began fundraising I realized these brochures were invaluable, because I had written information I could give to the people I was talking to. The first day I began walking door to door asking for donations the following businesses donated giving me courage that I could raise $4,000: Stars, Twin Village Hobby & Educational Toys, Village Optical, Yellow Front. I would also like to thank everyone that has listended to me. Even those who could not donate to me were always polite. Everyone I have talked to about Bike and Build supported me, if not through a donation, then verbally. This made it possible for me to have the courage to walk up to the next door and ask for donations. As much as I dreaded raising $4,000 so far has been a positive experience.

This weekend I hope to work some more on getting out fundraising letters, as well as sending out thank you letters. I got behind on writing them. I think that is all the news from here. Oh and if you were wondering in hyperbolic space the first parallel gets arbitrarily close together in one direction, and arbitrarily far apart in the other direction. It was a fun proof.

No comments: