Monday, February 4, 2008

THE FIRST ENTRY

I feel like any first entry should be deep and meaningful, but I am currently not sleep deprived enough to philosophize. Instead I will tell you all about my dragon killing expeditions today. Ithaca has decided that freezing rain is a fun type of weather, and the derailer on my bike doesn't really like to pick a gear to stay in, so I have been forced to train inside. Today I tried out the new stationary bikes at the gym. The bikes have video monitors, and you can select a program where it make it looks like you are biking. You have a path to follow, and there is scenery to watch. It was pretty exciting. I warmed up with a casual bike along the sea, and then found out that you can play a game where you collect coins and then run over the dragon of the right coin. It was pretty entertaining (for about 4 minutes). Then I decided to bike through mountain goat pass (well I don't remember exactly but there were goats in the snow on the sides of the road). I did not actually finish the ride, because Maggie had finished her work out. Other than that today consisted mainly of school, doing homework, and playing gin rummy. I won! I did also prove that if you are living in hyperbolic space, and more then two lines through a single point are parallel to any given line, that parallel line and the given line cannot be equidistant apart. It was almost as exciting as the dragons.

No comments: