Monday, March 17, 2008

Zippadeedoda

I'm flying, and not only reached the 1/2 mark, but sailed right past and am now over 2/3 of the way to $4000. I'm pretty excited, and thank you ever so much to the following people: Betsy C., Grammie Marie, Lanie F., Allison L., Miki M., Nina M., Margaret R., Karen R., and Saron. I would like to also thank Susan Mason of Traditional Acupuncture for donating. Finally thank you everyone who donated to me while I sat outside Yellow Front on Thursday. I made $300 and change is just 6 hrs. I do not have an exact total, because I have not yet counted the change. I never would have guessed that people would be so generous. It was amazing. I was thinking it would be a good day if I made $100, but my little collection tin kept having to be emptied. So it was a very very good day. If only I had known this before Thursdays, and I would have sat out there all week. It was also so rewarding, because so many people were supportive of what I was doing. I did meet an elderly lady who told me about when she was in a bike club during the war. Since they were rationing gas, they had the roads practically to themselves. She also said that a day where they did over 100 miles was a century day. We only have one of those on our trip, and my hat is off to her because she didn't have the new fangled bikes we have today.

Speaking of bikes over break I also went to Bath Cycle and Ski and they are sponsoring me. They help me out a bunch with the bike decision. I got to try out the difference between a touring bike, and a racing bike. And what everyone was telling me was true. A touring bike will be worth it. Now I just have to decide which one. My parents are also going to help me with the bike through an early bday present. THANKS! On the training note, I did better last week at training although I did manage to leave my bike helmet back in Maine. Mom mailed it to me but I won't be able to bike till at the earliest Wednesday. I should have listened to the nagging little voice in the back of my head that originally told me that Maine was going to be too cold for Bike riding, plus all our bike's tires were flat. Ah well, some day I may learn. I like to believe there is hope.

Ok I must end this entry, because all the time I spent fundraising over break, I was not doing the work of home. So starting up school again to day was a wee bit of a shock to the system. So I must get back to my scholastic pursuits. I'm off to learn about the history of Educational Psychology and compare it to the history of children's literature. Ugg. It's a topic I am interested in but I just don't wanna get learned.

No comments: